Forums
Welcome to the Re-Invented NRU Clan! Server is being engineered and should be up in the next few weeks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forums
Welcome to the Re-Invented NRU Clan! Server is being engineered and should be up in the next few weeks
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temp. Ban Times

3 posters

Go down

Temp. Ban Times Empty Temp. Ban Times

Post  poolboy Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:27 am

Yeah, I know I've been asking both Psyko and DIRTY about this... but I'm curious. I know some of the other admins are as well. I know I haven't really explained it all too well on vent so here we go...

Whenever three warnings are handed out to a player, they are typically temp. banned for 6 minutes. However, lately... it has been very inconsistent with times. For example: three warnings of juggernaut will result in a 4 hour temp ban, three warnings of hacking will result in a 3.2 hour ban, three warnings of grenade launchers will result in a 1-4 day ban, three warnings of martyrdom will result in a 1.6 hour ban and so forth. Arguing with admins and "behave yourself" is the only one that is consistent with the 6-10 minute temp ban.

Now, I personally feel like the 6 minute temp ban was pretty useless... especially when it came to hackers. But I find it odd that a 4 hour temp ban will automatically be dealt out for juggernaut and a 1-4 day ban for grenade launcher. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

PLUS... when other people see that shit they think I'm a cold hearted bitch for being so tough on them.

Any other admins notice this shit?
poolboy
poolboy

http://www.twitter.com/sbpoolboy

Back to top Go down

Temp. Ban Times Empty Re: Temp. Ban Times

Post  D!RTY Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:43 pm

poolboy wrote:Yeah, I know I've been asking both Psyko and DIRTY about this... but I'm curious. I know some of the other admins are as well. I know I haven't really explained it all too well on vent so here we go...

Whenever three warnings are handed out to a player, they are typically temp. banned for 6 minutes. However, lately... it has been very inconsistent with times. For example: three warnings of juggernaut will result in a 4 hour temp ban, three warnings of hacking will result in a 3.2 hour ban, three warnings of grenade launchers will result in a 1-4 day ban, three warnings of martyrdom will result in a 1.6 hour ban and so forth. Arguing with admins and "behave yourself" is the only one that is consistent with the 6-10 minute temp ban.

Now, I personally feel like the 6 minute temp ban was pretty useless... especially when it came to hackers. But I find it odd that a 4 hour temp ban will automatically be dealt out for juggernaut and a 1-4 day ban for grenade launcher. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

PLUS... when other people see that shit they think I'm a cold hearted bitch for being so tough on them.

Any other admins notice this shit?

I will look into this right now man. It's probably a setting in b3 for each specific rule. What do you think the times should be for each action? Come in vent! I miss that big burly voice of yours.
D!RTY
D!RTY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poolboy Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:01 pm

I think hackers should be banned for like 5 days lol

Everyone else like... a couple hours or something. Something to make them think they're perm banned. affraid
poolboy
poolboy

Back to top Go down

Post  D!RTY Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:06 pm

poolboy wrote:I think hackers should be banned for like 5 days lol

Everyone else like... a couple hours or something. Something to make them think they're perm banned. affraid

5 Days for hacking?! You're out of your mind. Why not Perm? We don't accept hacking lol.
D!RTY
D!RTY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FEUERBALL Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:50 pm

D!RTY wrote:
poolboy wrote:I think hackers should be banned for like 5 days lol

5 Days for hacking?! You're out of your mind. Why not Perm? We don't accept hacking lol.

Perm for hacking > Others like 2 hours

FEUERBALL

Back to top Go down

Post  poolboy Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:23 pm

I would perm ban them if I had the ability to Wink
poolboy
poolboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content