Forums
Welcome to the Re-Invented NRU Clan! Server is being engineered and should be up in the next few weeks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forums
Welcome to the Re-Invented NRU Clan! Server is being engineered and should be up in the next few weeks
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things you might not know about (tips and tricks)

3 posters

Go down

Things you might not know about (tips and tricks) Empty Things you might not know about (tips and tricks)

Post  SkillScoped Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:25 am

Hey guys,
I thought I'd make a quick guide about some things that might be helpful.
I'm sure a lot of you know most/all of these things but there are a lot of people on the server that don't.

1.Field Of View
Field Of View or fov is the extent of the observable world that is seen at any given moment.
By default the field of view on call of duty 4 is 65, this is lower than the human eye.
Fortunately there is a console command to change the fov: /cg_fov 80 will set your fov to 80.
What this means is that you can now see enemies in the corner of your screen which you wouldn't be able to see before.
This gives you a huge advantage over other player that don't use it but you might be accused of hacking.
I have my fov set to 80 or 90, not sure tbh.

2.Sound
I cannot stress enough how important sound is, especially in clutch situations where any sound you hear comes from the other team.
When I spectate a lot of people on the server I can tell they don't use sound because I can hear the enemy sneak up behind them but they dont notice it.
It's best to play with earphones or headphones, this will drastically improve your game because with good headphones you can hear enemies walking in the tunnels in pipeline or from across the map.
Even if the enemy uses dead silence, good sound will still make you able to hear them picking up weapons, reloading, switching weapons, planting,...
WARNING: There is a huge chance you'll get accused of hacking by people who play without sound.

3.FPS
I already explained this in my previous guide which you can also find in the general discussion section.

4.Leaning
Lately a few people asked me about this.
You can bind a key to leaning left or right in the controls->movement options of the game.
This will make it so much safer and easier to peak from behind walls, it also makes you able to look through holes/spots you wouldn't be able to look through without leaning because leaning gets you lower to the ground.
It also makes you able to look through certain buildings by leaning into them.

5.Wall running
You run faster buy running/walking against a wall while holding your right/left arrow key towards the wall, this is a bug in the quake engine not many people know about but it's a must when you try to rush a certain point and you want to get there before the enemy does.

6. Falling
When you take falling damage your sprint will reset, this is handy when you try to rush a certain point and you want to get there before the enemy does because this can double your sprint time when executed perfectly.

7. Strafing
This is also a bug in the quake engine that when you press a certain key combination you can jump further.
This can help you rush a certain point and you want to get there before the enemy does.
This makes you able to reach certain spots other players can't reach.
But: YOU'LL NEED 125, 250 OR 333FPS IN ORDER TO DO THIS EFFECTIVELY.
There are a lot of tutorials on youtube about this and mastering it will drastically improve your gameplay.

8.Silence
Normally when you drop form a certain hight or walk/sprint on surfaces in call of duty you will make sound/noise. You don't want this because this will give your position away.
Fortunately there are a lot of bugs in cod4 and there are a lot of surfaces that are actually silent and you'll make no noice when walking/sprinting/falling on them.
Silent surfaces also mean that you take no falling damage at all when landing on them.
Knowing silent spots will come in handy in clutch or 1v1 situations.

That's it, I hope you guys learned something.
If you have questions, ask away.

SkillScoped.

Last edited by SkillScoped on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total

SkillScoped

Back to top Go down

Things you might not know about (tips and tricks) Empty Re: Things you might not know about (tips and tricks)

Post  D!RTY Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Awesome write up man! Thanks for posting this guide as well as the FPS guide. I think I'll go ahead and sticky both of those guides for future purposes.

I too use fov 80 i believe. I think only promod allows 90.
Sound is a BIG part of my game as well, i play on a pretty good headset and can pickup others that even use dead silence.

I had no idea about wall running! D: You will need to show/teach me this.
I also had no idea about falling and it resetting your sprint. Again, you will need to show/teach me this.
D!RTY
D!RTY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Things you might not know about (tips and tricks) Empty Thanks!

Post  SkillScoped Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:26 am

D!RTY wrote:Awesome write up man! Thanks for posting this guide as well as the FPS guide. I think I'll go ahead and sticky both of those guides for future purposes.

I too use fov 80 i believe. I think only promod allows 90.
Sound is a BIG part of my game as well, i play on a pretty good headset and can pickup others that even use dead silence.

I had no idea about wall running! D: You will need to show/teach me this.
I also had no idea about falling and it resetting your sprint. Again, you will need to show/teach me this.
I'm happy that you learned something from my guide and I am willing to show you wallrunning Smile

It would mean a lot to me by making my guides sticky.

Thanks a lot,
SkillScoped

SkillScoped

Back to top Go down

Things you might not know about (tips and tricks) Empty Re: Things you might not know about (tips and tricks)

Post  EagleEye Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:14 pm

SkillScoped wrote:Hey guys,
I thought I'd make a quick guide about some things that might be helpful.
I'm sure a lot of you know most/all of these things but there are a lot of people on the server that don't.

1.Field Of View
Field Of View or fov is the extent of the observable world that is seen at any given moment.
By default the field of view on call of duty 4 is 65, this is lower than the human eye.
Fortunately there is a console command to change the fov: /cg_fov 80 will set your fov to 80.
What this means is that you can now see enemies in the corner of your screen which you wouldn't be able to see before.
This gives you a huge advantage over other player that don't use it but you might be accused of hacking.
I have my fov set to 80 or 90, not sure tbh.

2.Sound
I cannot stress enough how important sound is, especially in clutch situations where any sound you hear comes from the other team.
When I spectate a lot of people on the server I can tell they don't use sound because I can hear the enemy sneak up behind them but they dont notice it.
It's best to play with earphones or headphones, this will drastically improve your game because with good headphones you can hear enemies walking in the tunnels in pipeline or from across the map.
Even if the enemy uses dead silence, good sound will still make you able to hear them picking up weapons, reloading, switching weapons, planting,...
WARNING: There is a huge chance you'll get accused of hacking by people who play without sound.

3.FPS
I already explained this in my previous guide which you can also find in the general discussion section.

4.Leaning
Lately a few people asked me about this.
You can bind a key to leaning left or right in the controls->movement options of the game.
This will make it so much safer and easier to peak from behind walls, it also makes you able to look through holes/spots you wouldn't be able to look through without leaning because leaning gets you lower to the ground.
It also makes you able to look through certain buildings by leaning into them.

5.Wall running
You run faster buy running/walking against a wall while holding your right/left arrow key towards the wall, this is a bug in the quake engine not many people know about but it's a must when you try to rush a certain point and you want to get there before the enemy does.

6. Falling
When you take falling damage your sprint will reset, this is handy when you try to rush a certain point and you want to get there before the enemy does because this can double your sprint time when executed perfectly.

7. Strafing
This is also a bug in the quake engine that when you press a certain key combination you can jump further.
This can help you rush a certain point and you want to get there before the enemy does.
This makes you able to reach certain spots other players can't reach.
But: YOU'LL NEED 125, 250 OR 333FPS IN ORDER TO DO THIS EFFECTIVELY.
There are a lot of tutorials on youtube about this and mastering it will drastically improve your gameplay.

8.Silence
Normally when you drop form a certain hight or walk/sprint on surfaces in call of duty you will make sound/noise. You don't want this because this will give your position away.
Fortunately there are a lot of bugs in cod4 and there are a lot of surfaces that are actually silent and you'll make no noice when walking/sprinting/falling on them.
Silent surfaces also mean that you take no falling damage at all when landing on them.
Knowing silent spots will come in handy in clutch or 1v1 situations.

That's it, I hope you guys learned something.
If you have questions, ask away.

SkillScoped.
Thanks mate, it's useful ;]
EagleEye
EagleEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down