Forums
Welcome to the Re-Invented NRU Clan! Server is being engineered and should be up in the next few weeks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forums
Welcome to the Re-Invented NRU Clan! Server is being engineered and should be up in the next few weeks
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the deal with Glitching

+4
..Q
FEUERBALL
D!RTY
tocahoops
8 posters

Go down

What is the deal with Glitching Empty What is the deal with Glitching

Post  tocahoops Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:04 pm

OK. I would like to know what everyone thinks of glitching. Is it the same as hacking? Is it getting an unfair advantage? Or is it just a glitch in the game and completely ok? There were 3 guys in the server glitching. Need to know how to respond in the game. Whether to kick or ban? Thanks for the help.

tocahoops

Back to top Go down

What is the deal with Glitching Empty Re: What is the deal with Glitching

Post  D!RTY Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:47 pm

tocahoops wrote:OK. I would like to know what everyone thinks of glitching. Is it the same as hacking? Is it getting an unfair advantage? Or is it just a glitch in the game and completely ok? There were 3 guys in the server glitching. Need to know how to respond in the game. Whether to kick or ban? Thanks for the help.

It all depends really. Glitching as in getting outside of the map? Or doing elevators where they get in really crazy high up spots?

If they are on Offense and need to plant the bomb but they are glitching outside the map, then there is physically no way possible for them to do the objective and plant the bomb. In this case, kick those douche bags for Not doing objective. If they are on defense, I may let it slide as they are defending the bomb site. I'm not really a fan of doing elevators in the server....
D!RTY
D!RTY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FEUERBALL Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:50 pm

If you're talking about elevators those are really glitches. But if you're talking about jumps that bring you on top of a house or somewhere really high then those are regular jumps. They are not glitches and I'd think those are legit. But if someone has the bomb and brings it on a jump and leaves the bomb up there (upon death or dropping it) then that's plain defeating snd purpose.

Everything that is doable with fps/strafes I'd count.

My two cents to it Smile

FEUERBALL

Back to top Go down

Post  tocahoops Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 pm

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input.

tocahoops

Back to top Go down

Post  ..Q Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:08 pm

FEUERBALL wrote:If you're talking about elevators those are really glitches. But if you're talking about jumps that bring you on top of a house or somewhere really high then those are regular jumps. They are not glitches and I'd think those are legit. But if someone has the bomb and brings it on a jump and leaves the bomb up there (upon death or dropping it) then that's plain defeating snd purpose.

Everything that is doable with fps/strafes I'd count.

My two cents to it Smile

Strafing* and personally as long as a player can be seen and killed I dont really consider a glitch. (JUst a little input from an outsider)

..Q

Back to top Go down

Post  SkillScoped Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:21 am

What about invincible spots and leaning into walls?

SkillScoped

Back to top Go down

Post  hustle trees Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:21 pm

to use invincible spots is more exploitation than a glitch. but leaning into walls such as in backlot or the top of A in crash, thats almost as bad as a wall hack lol just my opinion
hustle trees
hustle trees

Back to top Go down

Post  paper Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:09 pm

the window at top of stairs on crash isn't really a glitch at all.. it has holes in the window that are meant for shooting through yuh know? pros use that spot in actual competitions so i'd say its fine. I use that backlot glitch a lot haha Laughing it is pretty unfair tbh.. im a fan of using glitches and i know most all of them on the maps we have in rotation. Sure a few of them are pretty unfair but the way i see it, as long as its not a cheat, like everyone else has access to it then its not something to be kicked for.. not my fault you aren't utilizing them Shocked
paper
paper

http://ordinarykiddos.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hustle trees Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:53 pm

no not the window on the stairs, im talking about on the roof, on the corner of the stairwell, you can lay down on the corner where the cinderblock is and see down all the way to the bottom of the building. but no i agree with you 100%
hustle trees
hustle trees

Back to top Go down

Post  FEUERBALL Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Things I usually find okay:
- Leaning glitches (pros use them in matches), like topA Crash, Backlot windows
- Strafes of all kind, except the ones where you need 333 FPS for, because 333 FPS was not meant to be implemented in the game
- bounces to get on roofs

Things I don't find okay:
- Elevators
- scripts
- scrolling
(all don't show knowledge or skill of the game. You just put something in your cfg or on your hardware and you are automatically in the advantage)

FEUERBALL

Back to top Go down

Post  SkillScoped Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:15 am

And what about dev console commands?
Like r_znear 40, r_fullbright 1,...

Just kidding...

SkillScoped

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpion Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:28 pm

SkillScoped wrote:And what about dev console commands?

Just kidding...
What's that doing lol O.o
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post  SkillScoped Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Frost wrote:

Just kidding...
This is what it looks like with fullbright 1:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It makes your visibility INSANELY high but it also shuts off every lighting feature in the game, so it removes flashes and such. it's a completely unfair advantage.

r_znear 40 makes you able to see through walls/buildings when standing directly against them (with your face). This is not really useful because you have to stand directly against the wall, which makes is pretty obvious, but with a little tweaking(not going to post here), you're able to see through walls from a higher distance.

But none of this matters since devmap commands only work on your own server, or servers with devmap commands enabled.

SkillScoped

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpion Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:22 pm

SkillScoped wrote:
Frost wrote:

Just kidding...
It makes your visibility INSANELY high but it also shuts off every lighting feature in the game, so it removes flashes and such. it's a completely unfair advantage.

r_znear 40 makes you able to see through walls/buildings when standing directly against them (with your face). This is not really useful because you have to stand directly against the wall, which makes is pretty obvious, but with a little tweaking(not going to post here), you're able to see through walls from a higher distance.

But none of this matters since devmap commands only work on your own server, or servers with devmap commands enabled.
lol i knew it -.- sort of haxs XD
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post  SkillScoped Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:20 am

Frost wrote:
SkillScoped wrote:
Frost wrote:

Just kidding...

lol i knew it -.- sort of haxs XD

They are not really hacks, since it's not a program running or an injection into the game. But they are concidered cheating. fullbright and other commands are not allowed in competitive play so it has it's reasons to be called cheats. Anyway there are ways to include these things in your .cfg file (even boxes with name, distance, etc above people's heads which you can see through walls), these are punkbuster undetected but they are visible in your demos.
So there is really only one way to see if people are hacking, ask them for their demos.

SkillScoped.

SkillScoped

Back to top Go down

Post  paper Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:19 am

You cant use these commands in pubs anyways.. they ARE basically cheats.. you have to be on devmap to use them.
paper
paper

http://ordinarykiddos.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SkillScoped Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:38 pm

paper wrote:You cant use these commands in pubs anyways.. they ARE basically cheats.. you have to be on devmap to use them.
I don't know that much about it but my best friend irl knows a shitload about this stuff, he managed to get some of these things working in pubs with his cfg.

SkillScoped

Back to top Go down

Post  D!RTY Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:45 pm

[quote="SkillScoped"][quote="Frost"]
SkillScoped wrote:

LOLOL Counter-Strike 1.6
D!RTY
D!RTY
Admin

Back to top Go down